Jul 23, 2008

Is it already too late for France to catch up?

Few words about how amazing some people behave when they have to deal in society.

I liked so much the Kafkaesque (ian) movie "The CUBE" by Vincenzo Natali and I was thinking that in this new 3.0 world, we have to find the right keys like the trapped rooms in the movie prime numbers to unlock what seem to be invisible.

Some are taking part of it, finding their way with Cartesian, pragmatic methods; others still rely on old conservative beliefs, where semantic (turpitude) is more important than ideas. A two speed world where people got a deal immediately, when others spend months trying to figure out how risky it could be for them to make a choice. The What's In It For Me (WIIFM) attitude is really killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

I am hearing so many people saying "I'll do only what I’ll be asked to!". Results are not important and people don’t realize there I a difference between "obligation de moyens et obligation de résultats".

Basically, goal oriented people appreciate challenges and they quickly reach a decision. Mean oriented people like non-threatening issues and are usually slow to reach a decision, if any.

So the real issue is: is it already too late to catch up?

May me I should review the Weber Thesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_(film)

No comments: